Finding good music labels looking for artists is trickier than ever these days because the music industry is not making as much money as it once was. You have to work MUCH harder to stand out now.
The first step should be to work on your act until it is as good as it can be, then build a following and buzz about your music. (You can find more tips about this on my music promotion website below.)
Once you have these two key factors in place you can think about sending in your CD to the right music labels looking for artists who do a similar thing to what you do. There is no point going after a death metal label if your music is boy band pop.
We need to stop all the wastage in music marketing please!
You will find a big list of music labels below, but first I want to give you a check list to make sure that your CD will be given a chance.
What you need to include
* Your Demo.
* Professional looking CD case with your full contact details.
* Biog about your music.
* Professional photos.
More tips on getting signed quickly...
1. Look at the last ten bands a label has signed. If you fit send a CD.
2. Make sure you know the right person to send the demo to, and any guidelines the label has.
3. Create a cover letter that describes your band and tells the person what you want in a cool way.
4. If your lyrics are particularly good include a lyric sheet.
The biggest tip I can give you when submitting your demo is to put your best song first, and make sure that the song you pick has a great hook in the intro that will keep the label listening.
You have about five seconds to impress them, so dont blow it.
Remember you can find a big list of music labels looking for artists at the link below.